Lent is a time of renewal of the love of God in each of us, and of conversion to live out of this experience of Jesus Christ in love of others. The weeks of Lent are a time to look into the hearts of our lives. Though we want to be people of the gospel and of Jesus Christ, we know also the tugs in the opposite direction. May we offer this season of Lent as a time that we know, love and serve the Lord more in our personal, family and parish lives.
The following are suggested undertakings for the season of Lent!
- Making time for individual and family prayer.
- Making time for Mass daily. (Online) 9a.m.
- Visiting the Blessed Sacrament.
- Making time for the Stations of the Cross.
- Abstaining from meat, food, alcohol or smoking.
- Help the poor through Trocaire
- Fasting for a period of time.